Required: Someone dedicated to principals of good software development and user experiences. Must understand modern web development and tools including Git, HTML5, and Node.js.
Our software is rich in data visualizations, business workflows and interactive maps. You will be responsible for coding SQL scripts, Node.js web APIs, and web applications.
- A history of implementing successful web applications and APIs.
- Understanding of backend data systems, especially SQL and basic Windows/Linux administration. (You will not be hired as a systems admin or database admin, but you must be able to write proper SQL and have a good grasp on networks and operating systems.)
Our API is written in Node.js. Other stuff we use: jQuery, React, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, and Bootstrap.
The backend is Redis and Postgres with PostGIS, on Linux.
- Code. Write lots and lots of high quality code!
- Participate in the Agile/Scrum process, design sessions, and code reviews as needed.
- Prioritize your work and execute on ideas to meet these goals.
Please submit your GitHub, BitBucket, CodePlex, SourceForge, and/or StackOverflow usernames along with your resume. People who love to write code tend to get involved in these online programming communities, but we are open to other ways you have expressed a passion in the work you do.
- GIS and ArcGIS experience is a major plus.
- Experience with PostgreSQL and PostGIS is a major plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, SNS, SES, VPC, Route 53, CloudFront, and/or Elastic Beanstalk is a plus.
- History of contributing pull requests to open source projects is a plus.
- Previous work with a multi-national, geographically distributed team is a plus.
- Understanding of the Agile/Scrum development process is a plus.
GISbiz, Inc. is an IT solutions provider. We provide consulting, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) services and software solutions for public and private organizations around the world. We have successfully served our clients in government, transportation, utility, and software industries since 2003.
Why you should join
GISbiz develops products that bring old paper-based workflows into the digital realm, complete with high resolution location data and beautiful maps. Working with GISbiz is flexible and personal. We are a highly motivated, collaborative team experimenting with the latest technologies.
GISbiz, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, family status, disability status, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity. If you have a disability, please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve the interview process for you; we’re happy to accommodate.
GISbiz, Inc., 25 Century Blvd, Ste. 602, Nashville, TN 37214